Go Washington Redskins! A Team-Themed Lobster Roll to Rock Your Football Tailgate
On November 8, the Washington Redskins take on the New England Patriots and lobster-licious destination Lobster ME has both teams covered with area-inspired lobster rolls. While New England fans might want to whip up Lobster ME’s Connecticut Lobster Roll, Washington fans can dig into the Beltway Lobster Roll. I recently sampled Lobster ME’s newest creation and let’s just say, this Connecticut girl is a big Beltway fan. Whatever side you choose, you’ll have a uniquely delicious and decadent game day treat.
- 2 Maine lobsters
- ½ tsp diced shallots
- ½ tsp finely sliced chives
- ¼ tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp butter, divided
- ¼ c panko crumbs
- 2 split split top buns, preferably brioche
- Steam lobsters until cooked through (cooking times will vary based on lobster size) and allow to cool. Shuck lobster meat from shells.
- Gently fold lobster meat with diced shallots, chives, Old Bay, mayonnaise (to taste), and a pinch of salt, set aside.
Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in small skillet, toast panko crumbs until golden and set aside in a small bowl.
- Clean out skillet, melt reserved 1 Tbsp of butter in skillet and toast outside of buns until golden brown.
- Stuff lobster mixture into rolls, top with panko crumbs and enjoy!