Go New England Patriots! A Team-Themed Lobster Roll to Rock Your Football Tailgate
On November 8, the New England Patriots take on the Washington Redskins and lobster-licious destination Lobster ME has both teams covered with area-inspired lobster rolls. While Redskins fans might want to whip up Lobster ME’s latest creation, the Beltway Lobster Roll (I loved every bite!), Patriot devotees can go with my all-time favorite, the Connecticut Lobster Roll. Either way, you’ll have a uniquely delicious and decadent game day treat.
- 2 Maine lobsters
- 2 oz clarified butter
- 2 tsp chives, finely sliced
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 split top buns, preferably brioche
- Butter poach lobsters or steam until cooked through (cooking times will vary based on lobster size) and allow to cool.
- Shuck lobster meat from shells.
Transfer lobster to a bowl, mix with clarified butter and chives.
- Butter both sides of split top buns, toast in a skillet until golden brown.
- Stuff lobster mixture into rolls and enjoy!